Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oh So Thankful...crafty gifts

I just wanted to post a quick how-to for an adorable-ness 'thankful' gift. You could make them for people at work, teachers, a centerpiece for a table, neighbors...just about anybody you need to say "I'm thankful for you".
These yummy little 'cornucopias' are made from waffle cones, melted chocolate, sprinkles and some chex mix.  Sorry about not taking step-by-step pictures. I didn't think of it until after.

I made almost 100 of the gems for a November Teacher Appreciation gift for my kids' school.
If you can't tell by the fabulous photography, I'll tell you how:  Melt the chocolate in a double broiler. Gently roll about 1/4 in of the top of the waffle cone in the chocolate. Shake off any excess.  Roll the waffle in sprinkles/colored sugar of your choosing.  Place on wax paper to set the chocolate. Once they are set, fill with Chex Mix (either homemade or store bought--its all yummy).  Wrap the cornucopias in clear cellophane bags, tied with match-y ribbon and feathers.
Here are few of the cones in the teacher's boxes at school.  I really like being a secret gift-giver--even though I think my secret is out...   :o)  The orange tag says "Here's a 'thankful treat 'cuz we know these little turkeys can drive you crazy."  I think they are sweet and thoughtful. (if I do say so myself. And I did.) ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janise! I had no idea you have a blog! I love it :) I just added you to my blog roll (hope that's ok!) I've sure had fun reading your posts!

    PS--thanks for your sweet comment on the post about my Dad (on FBook). You are very kind and I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete