Sunday, November 21, 2010

Re-Crafting Decorations

Just look at this happy little door decoration! I know!! So, do you want the story behind this? Eh, I'll tell you anyway. I know, you're welcome ♥.  I have two wonderful, generous, funny and secretly competitive neighbors. I love them! It just happens that we have a super top-secret thing going amongst the three of us to either out-decorate or be the first to decorate. We get double points if we can out-decorate AND be the first on the street to decorate.  Its all in good fun, so that makes it extra fun for us.  On with the story...I purchsed this lamp post from neighbor #2 at her yard sale. It was dusty, unpainted and sad looking.  But I knew it had potential...so I snatched it up and cleaned it up. Fast-forward to this fall. I painted it basic black (cuz who doesn't look good in black?). I tacked on a string of lights, a twirl of grapevine and fall leaves. Presto! Oh so pretty Fall Decoration!  My neighbor was SOOOO ticked that she sold me her lamp-post. Bawaahahaha!


So, here we are at Christmas time. I re-crafted that same Fall lamp-post into a Christmas-y one. I changed the lights to clear and covered the post in an evergreen garland and some red & white poinsettas. Presto! Re-craft and cute! I can't wait until neighbor #3 sees this happy greeting at my door. Ba-nee-ner! LMK what you think!

And I just have to give an Oh So Happy Hello to my first blog follower! I was so excited to see somebody there!  I ready to have someone reading my stuff besides me. ♥ HI!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janise! I do believe that happy hello just might've been for me :) Thank you...that was so nice! I'm really enjoying your blog!

    I LOVE your re-do. I totally LOVE when stuff is re-done up like that. You are very creative. WAY TO GO :) You definitely won the cuteness award for that! Bet that lady who sold it at her garage sale is kicking herself now :)

    See you at school!

    ReplyDelete