Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh So Lucky...

Ta-Dah! I'm feeling a little special tonight. A wee bit lucky too. I'm up to 4 (yeah, I said 4) real-live people followers on my blog!! It's a real cat-in-the-cream kind of face I've got tonight. :)  Hi'ya to my newest follower:  Crafty Girls!  So, you other 3 faithful and loyal readers of me--go look at this awesome stuff.  The things in this lady's head must be so pretty. She has some real and true wonderful things on her blog. Just go see. Do it. You'll love me for it, I promise. :)

What else have I got, you ask? Oh, I'm not just good for crafty links. I've got stuff going on. I'm thinking about Spring-y stuff. Shamrocks and clovers (I thought that was a song--but that's crimson, I think), bunnies and Easter Egg Hunts....and of course, trouncing my neighbors in our unofficial house decorating contests. So, here's my first move in the unofficial contest:

This happy wreath is going on my door this weekend.  I'll admit, I don't have tons of St. Patrick's Day decorations. I don't even have a good reason why. I just don't. But I'm going to fix that problem this year. Starting with a wreath...and then I'll move on to other bigger and better things.  Baby steps...baby steps.

I'm always surprised by the neat little treasures I find at the Dollar Store. The Shamrock sign was my treasure this week.  I'm mounting it sort of willy-wonky (that's a real craft term--well, it should be if I ran the world!) on the wreath. And here's another thing: I couldn't find any shamrock flowers! What's with that weird-ness?  I had to settle for white carnations and light green poesy flowers.  But I'm okay with it.  It works for me. And I'm happy with the final product. And that's no blarney.....hehehe!!

What kinds of wonderful things are you ladies up to?

2 comments:

  1. Love the wreath Janise....very cute and so creative! I'm part Irish and I love St. Patty's day :) I put a cute, big Shamrock Welcome sign on our front gate and I love it!
    Luck O' the Irish to ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! What part of you is Irish? your toes? or arm? I bet its your ears....hehehe! Its a game we play with the kids...totally cracks us up!! We laugh...and laugh. I have lots of Irish ancestory on my mother's side. So, it's fun to play which part is Irish...

    ReplyDelete