Monday, February 14, 2011

Oh so "Paw"-some!

happy valentine's day!!!

Today is a sweet day. Or at least it should be. I think. My kids love the Valentine's Day. Now that they're older, they have such a good time deciding what Valentine to give what kids in their class. Its a funny thing to watch. My daughter is older, so the 'boy thing' is a serious dilemma.  The Valentines can't be too gushy or say ANYTHING about love....and my son is just figuring out that girls exist. This is the first year that he actually cared what his Valentines said. (and he spent an extra minute trying to figure out which Valentine to give Alex and Reese) So cute!!

I made these sweet little gifts for the kids' teachers at school. They were super-duper simple. You just need a little clip-art know-how and a paper cutter....and wah-la!

 I loved this little gift so, so much that I made a few of them.  yeah, maybe about 100. I tend to get carried away with the cute-ness. Another mom on the PTSO board helped me get coupons from a local yogurt shop. FREE frozen yogurt! How yum is that? TOTALLY

So, I made a cover for the coupon (with a cut-out window). I wrapped it around the coupon--it says "U Swirl our world with sweetness...Happy Valentine's Day"




I found the picture frame card holder clips in the bargain aisle at Michaels.
 I bargains~~
I used the clip-art stuff in my Word program and cut out paw prints. (the school Mascot is a Wolf--so paw prints...) 
 Then you tie a bow in the middle.

Here's a picture of the gifts in the teacher's boxes. 
Oh So Happy!
I hope you have a sweet Valentine's Day today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janise~
    This idea was so clever and so stinkin' cute! I was so excited to find one in my mailbox :) THANK YOU! You are so crafty and creative! Love it!
    Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janise~ Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! This is a great idea for gifts...and you made 100 of these! WOWZA! Any chance it was for Kitty Ward Wolves? I am your newest follower, and can't wait to see what you come up with! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete