Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh So JellyBeans...

Well, well...here we are in April. March really was the saying 'in like a lion or out like a lamb'. How does that go anyway? Whatever--March is gone. Let's move on like good little crafters..

A couple weeks ago, my good friend and I were talking.  She wanted to know what the crafty thing was I did last year...and after a minute of thinking, I knew what she was talking about. It involved jellybeans and flowers. YUM! So, I told her how to do the pretty little project. And she listened and responded in the right places, but I know this girl. She wasn't paying attention....completely. :)  Finally she said "Just post it on that blog-thing you do--with the directions."  I'm sure is what I thought. I'll get right on it was my next thought. She's so bossy.  And about 1 1/2 weeks later, I finally relented:



 
←Over here is the tall version of  'jellybean prettiness' and over there →  is the short version of  'jellybean prettiness'.  These are the easiest things to make! In the world!   Es muy simplimente! (oh? didn't know I spoke the Espanole?---Yep! that's what 4 years of High School Spanish will do for you...squat!!) :) HA!

Alrighty then, let me show you how simple these happy vases come together ↓


 ☼ If you're going to make either version of the vase:  Make sure one of the vases will fit into the other vase, leaving a space to put in the jellybeans (or whatever candies) around. 
☼ Buy a styrofoam ball that will fit snuggly in the top of the inside vase. You can leave it whole or cut it half--whichever is your preference.
☼ Decide on what color scheme you're going with and buy flowers. Oh! And also buy about 2-4 bags of jellybeans that compliment your flowers.  It really depends on how big your vases are. I went with pastels.
☼ Hot glue the smaller vase to the inside of the larger vase. Now go ahead and put your jellybeans in the space between.
 ☼Can you see that I have the two different sizes of vases, but they are the same height? And I have a space between them? See that cleverness?
☼ Now you can cut and arrange the flowers inside the styrofoam ball.
☼ And all that is left to do is fill the space between with pretty jellybeans. Fill, fill, fill all the way to the tippy top.

☼ I put a frou-frou bow around the tallest vase. But you don't have too. I like frou-frou every once in awhile. It makes me smile. ☺

Pink Prettiness!!
 And there you have it! Presto!

1 comment: