Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oh So Springy Wreath!!

Can you believe that Easter is almost here?

The winter stuff is leaving and for the most part, we're getting some lovely spring weather.  I love the changes in the weather--here in Vegas, it seems that we have two types of weather: hot & windy and cold & windy. ☺ Vegas in the springtime is a lovely place to live. The sun doesn't hurt and the breezes are cool. So, in anticipation of all things springy and hopeful, I made this AWESOME  terrifically AWESOME spring wreath.  But, before I show you my wreath of  prettiness, let me show you where I got the beautiful idea. 
From this super sweet friend!! ↑ Her name is Jen. She works at the kiddos school and they LOVE her. They share stories and jokes; she helps them open juice boxes and packages--my kids are sad when she isn't there and so happy when she is. ☺ Say 'HI' Jen!


Aren't you in love with that sparkly, pretty thing? I know, how could you not be!! Jen has a blog where she puts up all kinds of clever and adorable little treasures. There's a link over on the right under 'Oh So Pretty Places', called Jen's Place. Go check her out!! She loves new visitors ☺.

So, what's does my wreath look like, you wonder? Well, just you look.


Doesn't it make you smile? I my newest wreath!  Bright colors, Easter eggs and lots of sparkly fluffy stuff. It's almost too much! In fact, it was so much that I made 2! One for me and one for my mom next door.  Our street looks fantastic.  (I think my neighbors wants one too!!) Want to make a wreath of springy prettiness too?  Here's how:

  Start out with a grapevine wreath. I used an 18/20 in wreath, but you can use whatever size you choose.

At the craft store (I'll save you time, at Hobby Lobby) are rolls of a special ribbon/mesh called "Foil Mesh". It might also be called "Fabric Mesh with foil". Whatever. Get some!  At the HL, they have it over in the wrapping paper aisle. Weird, 'cuz it's a floral-y thing.

Grab an assortment of little treasures--fake flowers, Easter eggs, little plaques--whatever floats your boat.

  Now, using lengths of about 18 inches of the mesh ribbon--wrap & tie around the wreath.  Keep going around and around.

This is where you can get fancy-pants. Add more ribbon or don't. Hot glue on some colorful eggs too. I found a 'believe' plaque at the Dollar Store (I know!!)  I thought it was a sign that it was meant to be. The colors matched and the message is timeless...it's a good place to be in the world.



This is one of my very favorite things in April! And what makes it even more special is that I never would have thunk it up on my own--I'm always taken aback by the people I know and the wonderful things they can do...and share. I love to look at it hanging on my door--it reminds me to believe....to be hopeful of the 'spring' of everyday life.
  Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janise!!
    Wooohoooo! I ♥ your wreath so much! I turned out so cute. WAY TO GO! You did such a great job.
    And thanks for the kind words...you just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete